Wednesday, October 12, 2005

10th October

Just finished my dinner! Been having dinner later, probably cos I keep on only realising its dinnertime at 7, and by the time I cook its alr 8. anyhow, it was a great dinner! Cooked xiao bai cai, fried an egg which turned out great! and cooked rice (with xiang gu and da bai cai). Its so chinese, so singaporean that I felt so warm inside eating it. :) especially after lunch’s horrigible pork and potato that I cudnt bear to finish. –nods–

Okay from the start – basically I got up bright and early, went to school and attended class. My class had 9 pple = me, a british 30-something-with-2-kids-and-halfgerman-wife John, an australian Uni lecturer who quit and came to germany (I havent found out why), a greek doctor, a hungarian 21yrold girl whos here to do her masters I think, a georgian guy who wants to study art and spends lessontime doodling (extremely artistically) on his paper, a spanish girl who seems rather pre-occupied, a japanese guy whos sposedly great at soccer (and is gonna attend the sports high school in Köln, also the only one in the whole of germany), and a mali-ese girl whom I havent met yet. Sounds exciting huh, so much so that I spent the entire above para just describing them!

Unfortunately.. (yes there has to be an unfortunately), I think im the worse in german in class! Some of these people seem to speak with such a comfortable accent, its as if they’re from germany! Anyhow think I can work hard and catch up so time to mug later :P got homework to do too hehhs. Almost forgot the feeling of studying alr! My latest resolution is to read the dictionary (and maybe memorise it too :P) haha lets see how long it can last. Whee!

Okay after sch I did a few things. Basically I had the horrigible and expensive lunch, the good thing being that I sat with a taiwanese and heard and spoke chinese again. yayness! And after that I went to get stamps (€1.55 for a letter to singapore, super ex!) and got 10 of them. Then went to telecomm shop to find out abt internet and phone charges here. Seems to be pretty ex, or maybe the guy was just recommending the most ex choices. Shall go ask my CDC (language centre) caretaker tmr :) cant wait to get internet!

Anyway I signed up for a museum tour on Friday yayyys. And tmr im going to (finally) register with the city authorities and foreigners-authorities, so I can finally get internet phone and bank account! Very impt, that last one. :P turns out that I get €800 instead of €750 a month, cos I get also €50 as “cultural fund” – i.e. money spent to get to know the german culture. I.e. watching movies? Going to pubs? :P hahaha.

Okay time to mug (after clearing up after my meal bleah that’s the sucky part but after redcross training it is possible! Yes!) more updates tmr and onwards :) also hope to be sending out a letter tmr or the day after! :) you guys take care!! –HUGS–